Friday, September 28, 2007

Author & Publisher

Was doing my EE homework just now.
Flip through the whole text book and I realize, the author is not clear on some formula.
Ok. This is the equation that they gave.
iL(t) = Im sin (omega t + tetah)
v
L(t) = L diL(t)/dt
IL(t) = Im at tetah - 90degress
ZL = j omega L

I need to search for ZL and I have omega and L. So..
What is j?
I search for the whole book and they didn't even mention it.
I went to wikipedia to search for Concept of Complex Number.
Finally! I found that because i in electrical engineering is a sign for Current, so they change i in Complex Number into j.
So, what is j? It's not explained in the text!!
What I know is only i= j = root(-1)
so..??
There's no answer at the back of the book. I need to go to their website and look for it or use the CD that comes with the book. Why they can't make reader's life easy by putting the answer at the back of the book?
ONLY SELECTED QUESTION(s) HAS ANSWER, NOT IN SOLUTION FORMAT, JUST ANSWER.
Luckily my class prof. is good, he only select question with answer cause he knew we're going to screw things up.

Another things, I wonder if I learn Complex Number in secondary school. Hmm, but I got B3 for my addition math. Hmm..

2 comments:

ŴąļַҜäַŦăŋ said...

LOL got perfect candidate here to answer ur question, u dun wanna ask! j just remains there because it's complex number, or in other words imaginary.
so dun be surprised having answers like "67 + j65 ohm"

said...

I figure that out at last.. Just wrote to tell ppl about the author..
Hehe