Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Look down? Give up?

Today a co-worker/friend told me to refill the cereals. I usually don't want to do it cause I'm lazy and the excuse is that there is a height requirement to do it. To get myself off this job, I keep emphasizing on the fact that I'm short. That friend told me another worker could do it and he is even shorter than me. She said I'm not short but just me myself though that I'm short(She doesn't know that I said I'm short just because I didn't want to do it). She told me that it doesn't matter what people said but what does matter is what I think. She told me that I need to believe in myself! Kinda learn something but still! I said I'm short cause I didn't want to do the job!!

Met an old woman in Mexico during my winter break. If I'm not mistaken she should be around 80 years old. Most of the time she is in the kitchen. During the time when everyone went to the mass in church, she came out and talk to us. The thing I learn from her is that never give up on anything especially yourself. She is old but she can still walk around and tell us about her experience when she was young. She is so healthy for a person at age of 80 and the secret is just not to give up. Another lesson of life from elder!!

No comments: