Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Facebook Policy

Speaking on some site that connecting people, three sites really come to my mind. Friendster, Facebook and Multiply.

I started to use multiply about one year ago, it's kind of nice except it's really slow when you are loading into some big size posting. Not really have much comment on that.

Friendster, I think it's the most popular website that used by Malaysian to get connected to their friends(personal opinion, not official stats). Everyone is limited to post 50 pictures in friendster if I'm not mistaken. The thing that I dislike the most in friendster is those people that post the photo of half of their face. Yes! It's their choice to post such photo but it's also my rights to dislike it.

Facebook, I just started to use facebook after I came over to the States because facebook is widely used by students here. The interface is nice and the speed of loading the page is really fast! There are many policy in Facebook that make it really good. Now facebook is open to everyone(I think). It used to allow only American students or American grads to use it. I wonder will it be abuse after it changes the policy to open to all.

When I'm wondering around on Facebook, I saw this and I think it's a great policy!


I like this policy because from what I see in friendster, some people don't write their real name. It's fine for me but please don't change it as often as you change your undergarments. I hate to say so but there are some people did it. Speaking of funky capitalization and non-standard characters, it's sad that some people can't write English properly(my English is not good but I n3v3r wR!t3 iN +h!s w@y).

That's all that came to my mind after I saw that policy in Facebook. Again, I need to disclaim something.

Disclaimer: This is only my PERSONAL OPINION and I AM NOT TRYING TO CRITICIZE ANYONE! If you were offended by this post, please, introspect. But of course, you are always welcomed to comment if you think that I'm wrong.

No comments: